Danner Agitator 45 GTX

I bought these boots on a clearance rack at Gander…

Materials: gortex
Use: daily wear, day hikes, backpacking
Break-in Period: never accomplished

I bought these boots on a clearance rack at Gander Mountain, thinking I had found a good deal on a well made pair of boots. Thought they appear to be very well made, they were stiff and uncomfortable from the beginning, and never really seemed to "break in". I've had them over a year now, trying to wear them now and again hoping they will eventually loosen up, but they always hurt my feet so I've given up on them.

Quality seems good, as they have no appreciable wear showing after a year (and I have worn them enough that some should show by now), but fit is horrible.

I ended up going with a pair of North Face Venture Mids, which felt great from the first day, and have only gotten better.

This is an amazing boot. I bought these on a whim…

This is an amazing boot. I bought these on a whim at a local Gander Mountain clearance sale. I expected to use them for hiking/camping, but they're so comfortable that I find myself wearing them on a daily basis.

I walk to work every day; about a 3-4 mile round trip. I've been wearing these boots for about 3 years now with NO visible wear and tear! They are as comfortable as tennis shoes, but with the advantage of Gore-Tex.

I HIGHLY recommend these boots.

Update: April 14, 2009

This is a follow-up to my earlier review. I gave this one three stars so as not to disturb the average between my rating and the other user rating.

Recently my left boot started to leak. I found the problem: a small hole in the tongue gusset on the left boot. For the number of years and miles I've put on these boots, I don't consider it a premature failure.

As the other reviewer said, and as I probably should have mentioned, these are on the stiff side compared to tennis shoes or trail runners, but that's what I expect from a boot. Some people feel differently, so take that into consideration.

These boots did take me a bit longer to break in that boots in the past, but were very comfortable thereafter.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Agitator 45 GTX versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Agitator 45 GTX. Read all reviews »

Danner Men's Agitator 45 GTX

The Men's Agitator 45 GTX has been discontinued.

The Danner Men's Agitator 45 GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 24, 2008 at Campmor.