Danner Mountain Trail Lotus Isle

Boot is very well constructed and they (mine are the…

Price Paid: ~ 165$

Summary

Boot is very well constructed and they (mine are the black version) cleanup beautifully. But, even after after a couple hundred hours in them they are killing my feet. Tried many insoles too.

Pros

• Build quality
  • Fabulous looks
  • Can be rebuilt

Cons

• Very painful to wear
  • A little heavy

After much research at finding a top quality all leather hiking boot I set my sights on the Mountain Trail. Most reviews I read were very positive so I bought the black version; I think that color has been discontinued.

The reviews indicated that it would take 20 hours or so for the leather to mold to your foot so don't get excited if they aren't the most comfy out of the box. Well, I have a couple hundred hours in them now and they haven't gotten better...after trying them for 2 full days this week I've decided not to wear them ever again. It will take a week or so for my feet to recover...very painful on my heel.

I tried cheap and expensive insoles and even the plastic inserts included without luck. The boots look great and are built like a tank...was hoping to wear them for many years. I'll be looking for another brand soon...one that fits correctly right out of the box (fool me once.....) It could be that my feet aren't the norm as a few years back I bought some great looking Keens but after many insole changes and sore feet I gave them to my son.

Peter1955

Suggestion: When buying new boots, take them home and wear them around inside the house for a few days. By the end of a week, you should be able to tell whether they'll work for you. If they don't, most stores will take them back as long as they're clean. And then you try something else.

thomasj2352

Thank you Peter...I did that and while they weren't perfect they seemed very close...I guess close enough to give em a go...or at least find the right insole, which I was unsuccessful at...mail order makes it a bit more difficult.

Named after the largest amusement park in Portland in 1930, boasting over 40 rides and known as the "wonderland of the Pacific Northwest".

- Danner

Danner Mountain Trail Lotus Isle

The Danner Mountain Trail Lotus Isle is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 14, 2013 at Danner.