Danner Radical 452 GTX

I should write two reviews, one for the first pair…

I should write two reviews, one for the first pair I had and one for the second pair. The first pair would be 0 and the second pair 5.

The first pair never fit right and it took two years of wearing them off and on until I got them to the point I would wear them on a trail. I planned to hike ten miles in wet snow, camp, and return the next day. After about six miles I had water sloshing in my boots. With temperatures going into the teens that night I decided to fast pace it out.

I returned the boots and Danner replaced them. The next pair fit great from day one and are very comfortable for long trail hikes.

I would recommend them based on the second pair I used.

These are great boots. Initially, I thought that I…

These are great boots.

Initially, I thought that I would use them for day hikes and such. While they are definitely rugged enough for hiking and have miles of trails on them at this point, they are not too bulky for everyday use. In fact, I wear these things all the time and after more than 6 years of use, you can hardly tell.

I wear them to work, in the yard, out and about, basically everywhere. They have taken the punishment of the trails, the snow, ice, mud, etc. and still look good enough to wear to the office.

They are extremely comfortable, light, completely waterproof, and have required no maintenance--not even new laces.

I'm a huge believer in Danner boots, I have worn them daily for years at work, but never believed that these lightweight Danners would deliver the way their stitch down leather boots do. I was wrong.

While this type of sole cannot be replaced making them in essence disposable boots, with the way they have stood up over the past 6 years, I expect to get more than my money's worth.

Take it from someone who is really, really particular about footwear, these are great boots.

my 452gtx boots have been outstanding in performance…

Materials: leather, gortex
Use: all day cold outdoors light hiking
Break-in Period: 1 week

my 452gtx boots have been outstanding in performance and fit. i wish that danner would get into the light hiking shoe category as well. sometimes i need a shoe as light and comfortable as my aisic gels only a wee bit tougher. yeah well they will not stand much punishment.

Visit Danner's Radical 452 GTX page.

For wet weather hiking and backpacking, the go-to for dry, supported and comfortable feet are the Men's Danner Boots Radical 452 GTX 5.5 in. Hiking Boots. Constructed for the toughest of conditions, this hiking boot offers a full-grain nubuck upper paired with 100% waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex lining, both of which help make your day hike (or your long trek) a superior experience. Plus, with a Terra Force midsole offering the ultimate in support, stability and comfort (minus the weight) and a Danner Boulder TF outsole that employs multi-directional center lugs for unrivaled traction, the Danner Boots Radical 452 GTX 5.5 in. Hiking Boots for men are the simple, supportive and lightweight gear solution for all you hiking and backpacking days.

- Altrec Outdoors

The Radical(TM) 452 GTX(R) Steel Toe boots are as light as they are tough. While internal and external support structures provide stability and responsiveness, a supportive midsole and sturdy footplate provide comfort. The steel toe meets or exceeds ASTM standard F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH and increases safety on the job. A GORE-TEX(R) liner offers waterproof, breathable protection, keeping feet dry all day long.

- Danner

The Radical? 452 GTX hiking boots are as light as they are tough. While internal and external support structures provide stability and responsiveness, a yielding midsole and sturdy footplate provide comfort without sacrificing security. And a GORE-TEX? liner provides the ultimate in waterproof, breathable protection, keeping your feet dry all day long.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Danner Radical 452 GTX

The Danner Radical 452 GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 7, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.