User Review: Deuter Futura 50 + 10 Vario
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $87, already discounted 50% from $ 170 at Tandike
Good for ultralight, noisy squeaking, worth the price.
- Cheap, I got it discounted 50% from $170 to $87 (IDR 860k)
- Good airflow
- Many pockets
- Tough, I throw it many times from 10 meters height
- Fit onto the body
- Can carry comfortably up to 18 Kg
- Provided with raincover with its pocket at the bottom of the carrier. and many more
- Easy access to the top lid/pocket/fanny. This is the only pocket I was capable to reach while walking
- Heavy for 2,2 Kg
- Can't carry confortably more than the recommended load: 18Kg
- Noisy, always squeaking every step... "ngik ngik ngik"
- Weight is not distributed well to lumbar, waist and back
- Hard and stiff harness and belt
- Rain cover is not waterproof
- The stretchy mesh side pockets are useless, unreachable even with my hand bending
- The top lid or fanny is a non-removable. and many more
- no pocket at the hip/waist belt
I'm male, 172 cm height, 70 Kg weight.
This is the 3rd carrier I had. Previously I had Eiger 38 L, but the back system makes me sweat, so I find another carrier with good airflow system.
This carrier is good for 18Kg load. But worst distribution weight if you carry more than 18 Kg.
When I hike Mount Ciremai at Central Java, I brought 25 Kg with this carrier, which is soooo wrooong...
It's so uncomfortable along the trek, and the weight distribution point likely to be pressuring my back which is very painful because I overload. and also painfull to my shoulder.
The vari-fit for Vario version is good enough to adjust the torso. There are so many conpartment. Right, left and front for H2O. It's like a bullet proof, so though. The top lid access is easy to reach even when we walk.
The stretchy mesh side pocket is useless, I didn't use it at all while 3 days and 4 nights walking on the Mountain Ciremai. The squeaking noise is so annoying, you just need to be patience with the noise, or you can polish some Virgin Coconut Oil to the aluminium frame at the back of the carrier. The airflow aystem is the only favorite thing I like within this carrier.