User Review: Deuter Streamer 3.0
Price Paid: under U$20
Great add-on to my Vario Futura, 3 years and still serving me well. The only maintenance I did so far was cleaning the tube.
Tip for those maintaining their hydration tubes (Read notes below before proceeding):
1) Buy a rifle cleaning kit (I used the Winchester brand under U$8).
2) Remove tube from bladder and remove bite valve tip leaving only the tube.
3) Fill and soak the tube with your fav cleaning solution (i.e. saltwater, vinegar water, denture tablet solution) to soften any grime.
4) Use the full length of the rifle cleaner (usually comes in 3 segments) and attached the slotted tip for use with pad cleaner (thin rectangular tissue like sheets).
5) Gently and with a smooth motion slide and twist the cleaner (in a vertical position) from top to bottom, flip and start from the other end and continue till the tube is clean. Make sure you change the pad each cycle till it pulls out clean.
6) Repeat step 3 and rinse.
- Make sure the rifle cleaner rod your buying is narrower than your tubes inner diameter and don't get tempted to use the metal brush and a used rifle cleaner.
- The Deuter tube made by (SOURCE) is lined inside with a thin poly liner - I stripped mine completely and am not sure if the performance will deteriorate in time so be gentle. I will contact Deuter/SOURCE for their feedback.
This hydration system is great - get one.