User Review: Eddie Bauer First Ascent The Ignitor +15
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: On sale, about $100
Very good balance of performance, proportion and weight.
- Reasonable weight for the warmth
- Roomy but not inefficient
- Good value
- Zipper sometimes snags (but it happens on all bags)
- Hood is a bit on the small side
- Zipper doesn't reach all the way to the end of the bag
I just returned from six days backpacking in Wyoming's Wind River Range. Elevations were consistently above 10k. Temps cooled down each night to the extent that our water bottles had frozen by morning.
The bag is fairly roomy, allowing some internal wiggle room. It has a good sized foot box, but a smallish hood. Stuffs to a relatively compact size for a synthetic, but use of a compression stuff sack helps more.
In comparison to the TNF Cat's Meow, I prefer the Ignitor's better performance, dimensions, and value.