EMS Boreal 20 Big Bag

I am a big guy 6'3", 240lbs. Trying to find clothes…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: 20 F
Weight: 3lbs & some odd ounces
Price Paid: $99 on sale

I am a big guy 6'3", 240lbs. Trying to find clothes and gear to fit right is a major undertaking. I searched a few months for the right bag for my purposes, 3 season backpacking and bike touring. I tried bags from several manufactors, The North Face, Marmot, Sierra, SlumberJack, and EMS. I don't favor any company over another because my belief is that you have to get whatever item suits your needs and budget. Although after trying several bags out for fit in the stores, I chose the EMS bag.

Great room for large girth fellows. Also on several occassions the worst being up in Michigan with temps in the 30s and wet, that bag kept me warm the entire night, never restricting my movement. So for now I am extremely happy with this bag, but only time will tell. Although I won't hesitate to recommend this bag to anyone, the bag has great quality especially for the money. I have always had excellant help at the EMS store that I shop at, which goes a long way when you get great customer service.

I was looking for a mummy bag that fit me. I'm 6'1"…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: +20F
Weight: 3lbs something oz
Price Paid: $99 (sale) $149 (reg)

I was looking for a mummy bag that fit me. I'm 6'1" and 250lbs. Regular-width mummies were ENTIRELY too constricting. I narrowed my choices to the EMS bigbag, Marmots Wizard and TNF BigFella. All were Polarguard 3D, 20F bags but the EMS won hands down based on sale price and the fact that I could actually see one in an EMS store before buying it. The others are rarely in stock in stores.

Fleece lined stuff sack that makes a superb pillow, full length draft tube, cozy hood, watch pocket, ripstop nylon shell - it had the fit and all the extras of a quality bag.

EMS Boreal 20 Big Bag

The Boreal 20 Big Bag has been discontinued.

The EMS Boreal 20 Big Bag is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.