EMS Divergence Jacket

I absolutely love my Divergence, for both hiking in…

Fabric: Polartec Wind Pro

I absolutely love my Divergence, for both hiking in the mountains and around town. At 5'10" and ~200 lbs I wear a medium. It moves well with me, and offers incredible warmth to weight and no bulk.

I wish it had pit zips, which is the reason for 4.5 instead of 5 stars. With just a heavy (EMS T3) baselayer underneath, it was warm enough hiking in 15F (with no wind) that I needed to unzip to midchest. The wind stopping ability is great, not perfect. For high winds in frigid temperatures I would layer a nylon shell. I actually prefer it to Gore Windstopper because of the amazing breathability and feel.

Snow will stick, but unless it's really wet you're fine; it dries amazingly fast, especially near any external heat source like a camp fire. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

Visit EMS's Men's Divergence Jacket page.

The Divergence is ideal for cold weather, blending warmth and stretch with Polartec Wind Pro fleece. Perfect on its own for a chilly morning run, or an excellent insulating layer under a shell for more intense adventures.

- EMS refers to the men's version