EMS Glacier Vest

I bought this vest at the end of last season on sale…

Fabric: polyester waterproof shell
Fill: 650-fill down
Price Paid: $19.99 on sale

I bought this vest at the end of last season on sale for $19.99. The vest usually retails for $79.99. I used it as an extra insulation layer below a waterproof rain shell and above a wool sweater and 2 techwick baselayers. The vest kept me very toasty in below freezing temperatures.

I liked how it could compress and fold into its own pocket which made for easier and light packing. I also liked how the pockets were HUGE!!! They were great for stuffing a Nalgene into each pocket while backpacking so they wouldn't freeze in my pack! Yes they are really big enough to hold a 1L Nalgene with room to spare.

Order a size bigger than normal, because the length seems to be a little on the short side (although most outdoor jackets seem to be too short for me).

Overall great value and great product!

If you've owned or used an EMS Men's Glacier Vest, please share your experience.

EMS Men's Glacier Vest

The EMS Men's Glacier Vest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 3, 2013 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new down insulated vest, check out the best reviewed current models.