EMS Thunderhead Jacket

Another great product from the growing EMS line. I…

Fabric: Nylon

Another great product from the growing EMS line. I would say for less than $200 you can't do better than this for a summer outer shell, this is because it's designed to not be used. It packs into its own pocket (about 5"x8") and weighs less than 1lb. That's pretty hard to beat, also considering it does its job as if it were a high end Gor-Tex shell. I take this jacket on any trip from a sunny day trip to a wet weekend or anything in-between.

Update: March 10, 2007

I've had this jacket for three years now and I haven't been satisfied with it, or dissatisfied. Supposedly the system III technology is breathable, I would disagree. It's no Gore-tex or Conduit, but it does keep you dry. I'm not saying this is a bad choice at all, it does what it does. It packs within its own pocket and stays compact and is completely waterproof. It's just not anything outstanding.

Our best-selling rain jacket, the Thunderhead features waterproof/breathable System Three technology to keep you dependably dry in any rainstorm. Updated for 2014 with a new 2.5-layer interior print for more next-to-skin comfort, and a new athletic fit for less bulk. Lightweight and well-ventilated, the Thunderhead is perfect for hiking, backpacking, and a wide variety of outdoor activities.

- EMS