EMS Velocity 35

Have had this bag for two seasons and spent more than…

Design: mummy
Fill: primaloft sport
Temperature Rating: 35F
Weight: 1lb 8oz
Price Paid: don't remember

Have had this bag for two seasons and spent more than 80 nights in it. Temperatures ranging from 18 to 65. Most recently have used it from Sept 5 to Oct 22 hiking from Mt Katahdin, Maine, to Mt Greylock, Mass.

Very lightweight and compact, also very good water resistance. Below 43 degrees I will usually wear all my clothes to sleep, and below 36 also a down sweater. Using this combination I have been able to sleep well down to 32. Below that sleep is a little fitful. The hood cinches quite tightly to a small blowhole. The bag doesn't have very much loft, but is good for its intended temperature range.

About me: 5'8" 25-year-old male long distance hiker, very little body fat. Hope this helps.

This is a great 3-season bag. I decided to buy it…

Design: mummy
Fill: primaloft sport
Temperature Rating: 35F
Price Paid: don't remember

This is a great 3-season bag. I decided to buy it mainly because of the small size and weight; it barely takes up any space on the trail. It works well within its temperature rating (I wouldn't use it below 35F or 40F).

Some don't like the half-length zipper, but it doesn't bother me at all. I've found that my body temperature is very well regulated in this bag. For a small, light bag this is hard to beat.

If you've owned or used an EMS Men's Velocity 35, please share your experience.

EMS Men's Velocity 35

The EMS Men's Velocity 35 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 6, 2014 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.