Energizer 6 LED HeadLight
Reasonably priced headlamp for light to medium work.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 12 via Amazon
Reasonably priced headlamp for light to medium work. Not recommended for backcountry outings at night/rough weather. Can be used for dawn/dusk running and nights at campsites.
- Strong light
- Very reasonably priced
- Multiple light modes
- No swivel/pivot motion of light
- Not waterproof
This is a nice, well-priced headlamp that I've had for about two years. It uses AAA batteries which is nice instead of the smaller watch batteries which can cost an arm and a leg. I had an older model before this, also from Energizer, that I used when reading at night (two LEDs) and I liked the durability and feel against my head but used a single CR battery.
I use rechargeable Ni-Mh AAA batteries. I only recharge three or four times a year. I read a lot so it gets several hours at one time when out on trips.
This has a padded area behind the lamp and doesn't irritate my forehead at all, the band is also comfortable and not obtrusive at all, even when laying with my head down on my pillow or pad.
The 4 mode capability is something that I didn't have on my last headlamp and I like it on this. I've used this when running at a local track later at night and lights the way enough for me to see where I'm going. I'm also on a track so I basically know to take lefts, but wouldn't recommend this to take on night hikes over rough terrain. I can see several feet in front of me, but not enough to make me feel comfortable about all of the cracks and crevasses.
I only know that this isn't waterproof from when I bought it on Amazon, but haven't tested its ability. For the $12 I spent for it, it's likely not waterproof. I have been out in a mist and it's fine at being resistant. No moisture got into the lamp compartment.
If you're not willing to shell out $30 or $40 for a headlamp and you are an average camper/hiker, this is a good choice for you.
Pretty good little headlamp. Built tough, and holds…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $12 @ Walmart
Pretty good little headlamp. Built tough, and holds a good battery life.
- No bulky battery pack
- 5 light settings, one in red
- Light weight
- Goofy Energizer logo on the headband
Cool light, I've never had any problems out of it. I've used it on many camping and backpacking trips for 2 years now. And I've only had to change the battery 3 times.
It's also been dropped from about 16ft while crossing a log at a dry river bank, and it's survived a few sudden downpours with no water damage.
I have never had a headlight before but I wanted to…
Price Paid: $13
I have never had a headlight before but I wanted to try one so I bought a relatively inexpensive one. Surprisingly it works very nicely and being battery efficient was one of my prime requirements, and it has 4 types of light output on a 5 position push button switch.
1) Dual red LED’s – which is bright enough to see and navigate a trail at night with out blinding you buddies or running your night vision and low battery consumption at about 50 hours.
2) Dual white beam LED’s - that are very bright and carry a log distance but are on the higher end of battery consumption.
3) Dual white flood LED’s - That putt’s out ample light to do most anything and has very good battery consumption at about 50 hours.
4) Quad white LED’s Dual Flood & Dual Beam – I found this setting to be mostly useless because of the very high battery consumption and virtually no benefit of added light over the dual beam setting. 5) off, All in all it seems to be a relatively well made light at a reasonable price and is not to heavy.
Multiple light settings
Adjustable elastic head band
Quad light setting is useless for more light and consumes to much bat reserve
No third strap on the head band.
Quality & Durability could be better (but for the price it's ok)
I would Recommend This To A Friend
Energizer has numerous lighting products for the outdoor enthusiast. Our lighting products are rugged and strong while staying lightweight and comfortable to use. Wherever you go, our lighting products are ready to go with you.
Features and Benefits
- 4 lighting modes:
Spot and flood– 4 bright Nichia LED’s deliver ~ 56 lumens w/ 20 hour run time
Spot or Flood - 2 bright Nichia flood deliver ~ 28 lumens and a 50 hour run time
2 bright red night vision LED’s with 75 hour run time
- Pivoting head
- Easy On/Off push button switch
- Adjustable elastic headband
- Packed with 3AAA long lasting Energizer® MAX® alkaline batteries
- Model: HDL33A2E