Equinox Sprawler Ultralite Bivi

Reg XL
Weight 6.6 oz 7.4 oz

A well-made (in the USA), breathable bivy with a waterproof…

Summary

A well-made (in the USA), breathable bivy with a waterproof bottom.

Pros

• Breathable
  • Zero condensation
  • US made
  • Packs small

Cons

• None

This is my first bivy and it went with me on my first tarp trip.  I squeezed in a four-day trip on the Ice Age Trail in mid-November, just before deer season. Trying tarp camping for the first time I ordered this a week before leaving and it was at my door with days to spare.

Temperatures dipped to 37 and the woods were damp from earlier rain. The first two nights I pitched the tarp with the sides pegged to the ground. I was amazed at the massive amount of condensation on the inside of the tarp. In spite of that my down bag and I stayed dry inside the blue bivy.

The last night I used guy lines to lift the tarp sides, no condensation at all but the wind was up. I was again protected by the bivy.

Good product for sure.  I intend to use it in a solo tent this winter for added warmth.

Thanks for the review of your bivy, Curtis. I hope you'll keep us posted on how it continues to work out for you. If you have any pictures of it in use, those would be great to see in your review.

Equinox Sprawler Ultralite Bivi

The Equinox Sprawler Ultralite Bivi is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 30, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new bivy sack, check out the best reviewed current models.

ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Review