Eureka! Glacier Bay

This was a great tent for me too. It lasted for about…

This was a great tent for me too. It lasted for about 10 years, until I lent it to someone and it never came back to me.

But it kept me dry through days/nights of rain all over the eastern part of the country. As long as the seams were sealed it always kept me dry even when other people right next to us were totally wet in their tents.

It has tons of room, for me and my camping buddy who is about 6' 5". He liked it so much he bought himself one and still has it to this day.

The vestibule was a little small for your gear, we often just brought it into the tent or left it outside. There was plenty of storage, and I bought the gear loft and it worked great.  I used it in all four seasons and always felt warm with a good sleeping bag.

Set up was easy once to figured out which poles went where. The weight was not to bad especially when you split it between two people.

But this was my first great tent and I would still have it to this day if it didn't disappear.  It was one tough tent.

From Mt. Stimpson in Glacier Park to Wolf Creek Pass…

Price Paid: $170 - $200

From Mt. Stimpson in Glacier Park to Wolf Creek Pass in CO and Four Corners. Winter spring summer and fall. I've owned this tent for about 15 years and love it. Room for two plus gear, light, easy to set up, even in the dark.

I'm surprised they don't make it anymore. I'm not sure what I paid; somewhere between $170 and $230 I think.

Update: February 3, 2011

Ben-s-008.jpg

Room for two plus gear, light, easy to set up, even in the dark. Great for star gazing without the fly.  Wish I would have purchased the optional vestibule when it was available.

Ben-s-007.jpg

Just realized "I still have those Gaters"!

Eureka! Glacier Bay

The Glacier Bay has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Glacier Bay is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.