User Review: Eureka! Spitfire 1
Price Paid: $60
I used to backpack with a hammock for a shelter, but after it had a major equipment failure, I decided to switch to a solo ultralight style tent.
I went with the Spitfire for several reasons.
1. Price was easy on my budget and very affordable.
2. Material is lightweight and durable. My total carry weight is 2 lbs.
3. Quick and easy setup, with minimal accessories required.
4. Compactness was small and suitable for my smaller pack.
5. Reviews were agreeable and very favorable.
I have used it since I switched from the hammock style and really love it. The Spitfire does not have a condensation problem. It is very breathable. The room inside is perfect for one person, but on the tight side for two persons. It will work but I guess that is why it is called a solo tent. Spitfire does come in a two person model, however. The two person model is a little heavier and wider.
The footprint of the Spitfire is consistent with the outline of a person, plus has the room to stow a little equipment to keep out of the elements. So I would have to say this tent does very well with my requirements.
When setting up, it is up and ready in less than 2 minutes. The setup is great, easy, and with minimal effort.
All in all, I would highly recommend this tent to anyone wanting to solo backpack or camp.