Eureka! Timberline Outfitter 4

I have used this tent for years in every kind of foul…

Design: 3-4 season A-frame
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 10lbs.
Price Paid: $215 in 2005

I have used this tent for years in every kind of foul weather and wind, and it has never leaked or failed to do its job in keeping me dry. It's easy to set up and take down and it's well made with BIG zippers and tough stitching. The sack it comes with is the right size. Zero problems.

I used this tent for 3 years. Leaked whenever it rained.

I used this tent for 3 years. Leaked whenever it rained. I am planning to either sell it or give it away.

I have used this tent since 1980 and raised two little…

Design: A-Frame freestanding 3-4 season
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 11lbs.2ozs. with stuffsack
Price Paid: Don't remember

I have used this tent since 1980 and raised two little backpackers with it. This tent is dry and durable with extra heavy reinforcements and, with the optional vestibules, plenty roomy. I found it easy to set up after a couple of times out. There is good ventilation, even with 4 sleeping hikers breathing,no condensation. After all of our hikes and in-tent wrestling matches, this tent has held up well. I think my grandchildren will sleep in it!

My scout troop bought about 10 of these Outfitters…

Design: 4 season A Frame
Sleeps: 4 cramped
Ease of Setup: Easy (With practice)
Weight: 10lbs. 12oz.
Price Paid: $260 (discounted)

My scout troop bought about 10 of these Outfitters and they have served us very well. They are durable enough to withstand years of use by even the most abusive owners , and believe me there is nothing more abusive than a first year scout. They are warm in the winter and even in weather below 20 degrees it stays above freezing inside the tent. In side there are to places to stash small stuff and there is a window in the back of the tent and a window on the door.

I have only two complaints about these tents. The first is that they are too heavy for backpacking use and the second is that as a 4 man tent they are very cramped. I would call them more like a 2 man with gear tent. Otherwise we have been extremely happy with them.

Eureka! Timberline Outfitter 4

The Timberline Outfitter 4 has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Timberline Outfitter 4 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 23, 2014 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.