evolv Optimus Prime

Great shoe. I ending up buying this the same size…

Materials: Synthetic, nylon mess
Use: vertical to steep face climbing and bouldering
Break-in Period: good out of the box

Great shoe. I ending up buying this the same size as my old Defys and it fits well. Very minimal stretch as you would expect from a synthetic shoe with a liner. As far as the smell goes its tons better with this shoe then my old Defys about par with my leather shoes.

This shoes is what I would called semi-aggressive. Were it is down turned its not so extreme as to make it impossible to climb vertical problems easily or smearing when necessary. This can be a problem with some more aggressive shoes Ive owned like the Evolv Predator/Talon or the Scarpa Boosters for example.

About the only downside I can really see with the shoe is that because of the symmetrical toe (rounded) as opposed to a typical asymmetrical (pointed) toe is the lack of ability to get into smaller pockets.

Other then that I can't complain. It's comfortable enough for all day sessions and yet still aggressive enough to hammer out that cave problem.

Awesome shoes just brilliant. True craftmanship on…

Materials: idk
Use: boulders
Break-in Period: not long
Weight: light

Awesome shoes just brilliant. True craftmanship on Sharma's part.

evolv Optimus Prime

The Optimus Prime has been discontinued.

The evolv Optimus Prime is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 22, 2015 at Appalachian Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.