Feathered Friends Frontpoint Jacket

After doing a lot of homework in looking for a good…

Fabric: Nylon with Taslite elbow patches
Fill: 700+ goose down
Price Paid: US $295

After doing a lot of homework in looking for a good quality mid-length down parka, but not a run of the mill brand. I shortlisted Rab of Sheffield UK and Feathered Friends of Seattle USA. I plumped for Feathered Friends Frontpoint Parka, partly because it was in a sale at a 30% discount. I chose the nylon version rather than the PTFE-Lite version because it is softer and more compressible (and in the UK we don't experience extreme weathered conditions that often).

The Frontpoint is an 'expedition' parka is mid-length, fully baffled, 700+ fill goose down (total weight 1lb 9 oz). The filled hood is detachable from the high fleece collar(which is handy). It has an inside chest pocket, but the best thing about it are the deep (zippered) outside pockets. I am not so keen on the velcro tabs on the wrists and the velcro closures which seal down the draft flap on the main zip. Velcro catches on everything. And I still haven't worked out how the elastic waistband round the hem is adjusted.

But overall a well-made, recommended buy.

Feathered Friends Frontpoint Jacket

The Feathered Friends Frontpoint Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Gregory Citro 25 Review