Feathered Friends Peregrine

Max user height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth 64 in / 160 cm 39 in / 99 cm
Hip girth 60 in / 150 cm 60 in / 150 cm
Foot girth 39 in / 99 cm 39 in / 99 cm

I've owned and used the Feathered Friends Perigrine…

Design: Mummy
Fill: +850 fill down
Temperature Rating: -35 F
Weight: 2.0 kg
Price Paid: $625 USD

I've owned and used the Feathered Friends Perigrine for two seasons now. My bag has the 850+ overfill and is probably good to -35 F easy and although the basic design is quite functional there are some changes I would like to make the bag more user friendly.

The first change is solid fabric tape to separate the zipper from the nylon face fabric inside the bag. Too many times I've zipped up the bag only to have the inside fabric snag in the zipper... very annoying and doesn't cost too much weight to solve it.

My second wish would be to change the configuration of the bag to that of Rab Designs Top bag, Nunatak Alpinist, or the newer Western Mountaineering Pod 30. No sense having down at the bottom of the bag when you will squash it (even with full baffles. A "top bag" puts the down where it matters... I have a Nunatak Ghost and it's the best designed bag I have ever used.

Apart from that... I slept in -40 F last March and the bag kept me alive. Can't get much better than that in terms of an endorsement.

I got this bag last winter as a "special" from Feathered…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800+ fill down
Temperature Rating: Very Cold
Weight: unknown

I got this bag last winter as a "special" from Feathered Friends. Another person ordered it and never picked it up or paid for it. Although it exceeds my needs by a good amount (it has 12" of loft) I have been thankful for it on a number of occasions. I lead wilderness trips for adjudicated youth year round and have found the bags quality far exceeds my expectations. It compresses to a very small size, is very warm and comfortable and has held up very well over the past years unse in which I spent over 50 nights in it. If you are looking for a top quality bag I stongly encourage you to consider Feathered Friends.

Made for expedition use, Feathered Friends' Peregrine features a wide hood opening for extra comfort during extended tent-bound conditions. On the Himalayan peaks, the Peregrine (used with down clothing) has kept climbers warm at 40 degrees below zero when caught without a shelter at 28,000 feet.

In Alaska, the Peregrine has been the most popular mummy bag for expeditions going to higher altitudes or when travelling in the shoulder seasons.

Features:
* Side block baffles
* Single draft tube
* Breathing tunnel
* 3D contoured hood
* Permanent collar
* Available in Epic (lightweight weather-resistant fabric) or eVent (waterproof-breathable fabric).

Visit Feathered Friends's Peregrine page.

Feathered Friends Peregrine

The Feathered Friends Peregrine is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.