User Review: Garmont Women's Synchro GTX
Source: bought via a "pro deal"
Durable boot. Fits wider feet comfortably.
- Older model had no toe cap
- Tread not best on slippery surfaces
I've had TWO pairs of these. Originally the first pair I shipped back because the toe was delaminating. They replaced it with the same pair, which I've worn for two or three hiking/light trail work field seasons. I've found with this boot (prior to the toecap on newer models), that I knew the weak point, so I shoe-gooed the toe area and do so throughout the field season.
I'm not a backcountry crew member, so I didn't need the stiffest, most rugged boot. When it is really hot out, I wear a lighter boot. I've been very satisfied with the fit of this boot, and would consider buying the updated version.
I bought this in a 9, and it fits well with out heel slippage. I'm usually a 9 in Garmont, and in a brand such as Salomon, an 8.5. I'd be curious to try a half size down in this boot, as when I go downhill I really do have to retye the laces to avoid my toes hitting the front too much.
- Fits custom insole well and fits my wider forefoot
- Lasts several seasons (but I think if on a more rugged job, I would probably opt for a boot with deeper tread that'd last longer than this)
- Great customer service
- Stays dry
- Tread on these was never really that great on wet logs and rocks, even if approaching with little momentum
- Old model had issue in toe area with the rubber separating from the nubuck
Where to Buy
The Garmont Women's Synchro GTX is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Garmont retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.