This shoe is one of the best shoes I ever had. Great…

Price Paid: 200$

Summary

This shoe is one of the best shoes I ever had. Great for hiking mostly off-trail. Very good for holding the ankle and supporting the heavy weights during long treks. Pretty heavy shoe, but worth it.

Pros

• Support for the ankle

Cons

• Weight

Fit: The shoe supported my ankle while carrying heavy weights and mainly during hard treks.

The shoe doesn't come with the best foothold for long treks, but it is easy to change it.

The shoe is very strong, works good against snow and has a good water resistance. I tried it on many kinds of surfaces mainly dry, but during rain it worked great. I've used this shoe for more than two years and it's already the longest time I used the same shoe.

Most of the uses I did with the shoe were in Israel in the Judean Desert and the Negev, which are both very good places to make a long trekking.

This is only one of two boots I have ever given a…

Materials: Leather-Goretex
Use: Everyday, everything
Break-in Period: None

This is only one of two boots I have ever given a 5 out of 5 to. The other was a pair of Asolos that I bought about 15 years ago.

I wear hiking boots every day at home and work as a computer professional working at multiple facilities, up and down stairs carrying large monitors or PCs and most of the time 2 stairs at a time.

Here is what I love about the Garmonts: they fit like a boot should, no heel slip, great ankle support, great arch support and flex in exactly the right places. I wear them through a lot of crap weather and conditions. For a medium duty boot, they are extremely quiet which helps greatly when I am going up and down stairs that may be next to patient rooms.

In short, I have beat the crap out of these for about 6 months and they look and feel brand new yet and there was no break in period. Now I'm looking for a couple of pairs that I can put away so I don't find the model discontinued when I need to replace these in 4 or 5 years.

While I rate the boot very highly, I was disappointed…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: tramping - weekend, rough terrain
Break-in Period: couple of weeks around the neighbourhood
Price Paid: 399

While I rate the boot very highly, I was disappointed that, on putting them on the morning of the second day of the tramp I noticed that one eye had broken.

The performance of the boot was great. Very comfortable and was easy to break in before the first tramp. The supplier was very apologetic and has offered to repair under the warranty.

Needless to say that, after spending so much money on what was reputed to an excellent tramping boot, I was rather disappointed. It would however, not put me off recommending this boot to others.

These boots are great for single day hikes or just…

Materials: all leather Gore-tex
Use: one night over-nighters, mid-weight pack
Break-in Period: 2 hikes
Weight: very light for what you get

These boots are great for single day hikes or just one night over-nighters. They don't take long to break in but they don't pack out or loose padding very fast. Completely waterproof mid range warmth, but with good wool socks are plenty warm for hiking in snow at around 20-30 degrees. Overall excellent traction and good tread life.

Garmont Syncro Plus GTX

$224.95 (men's)

The Garmont Syncro Plus GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 22, 2015 at Moosejaw.

ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Review