Garmont Vetta Hike GTX

These have become my favorite boots for day hikes.

These have become my favorite boots for day hikes. They provide enough of the features of a heavier boot (foot support, weather protection) while also providing the benefits of a light boot.

For any boot, it all starts with fit, and these fit me very well. I have pretty average feet, if perhaps a tiny bit on the narrow side. I had no hot-spots, blisters, or pressure points. I did have a tiny bit of a problem with heel lift/slippage; but I was able to rectify that with some careful lacing.

During a wet, muddy, snowy hike recently, the GTX liner showed its value. I still treated the boots with Nikwax to ensure the outer leather would not wet through and this all worked perfectly. Dry feet.

The outsole is by Vibram but the rubber compound is quite soft. Very grippy. Mid-sole is pretty soft as well. Definitely does not have the stiff feel of a traditional backpacking or mountaineering boot. Feet flex pretty freely. The sole/mid-sole does have just enough stiffness to protect your feet a bit from sharp objects from below.

And, they do provide more shock-absorbtion than a traditional stiff boot. At the end of a long hard day hike with lots of talus hopping; my feet felt fine. I did not have that beat-up feeling I feared I might with such a light boot.

I also like the mid-cut height of the boot — again a nice compromise in terms of traditional backpacking boot vs trail shoe. But, when hiking in sloppy weather, I definitely suggest wearing some light gaiters with these.

I don't think I would want to wear these for a multi-day trek with a 50 lb pack; but for anything short of that, I think these are a great pair of boots.

Esta bota es cojonuda, se adiere al pie de una forma…

Price Paid: 140 euros

Esta bota es cojonuda, se adiere al pie de una forma genial y tiene una suspension en ruta de rocas y terreno escarpado como ninguna. Es super comoda, creo que son las mejores botas que he tenido nunca de trekim.

La verdad que son algo caras pero bueno, son muy buenas botas!!!

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Vetta Hike GTX versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Vetta Hike GTX. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Garmont Men's Vetta Hike GTX, please share your experience.