I recently purchased these shoes for my upcoming section…

Materials: Gor-tex
Use: Hiking w/32 lb. load
Break-in Period: None required
Weight: approx. 2 lbs.

I recently purchased these shoes for my upcoming section hike on the Appalachian Trail. I have worn them around home, ran the highway in them a time or two and they are extremely comfortable. I liked the looks of the shoe as well as the weight and the price.

I will give a backpackers review after my late July section hike.

Update: October 6, 2009

As I said in a previous review, I liked the looks and the weight of this shoe. They were comfortable from the very first. I wore these on my A.T. hike from Dennis Cove Road north bound toward Damascus.

I had a couple of problems with these however; even though the souls had deep lugs, they slipped easily making for slightly unstable footing; secondly, they give NO ankle support and I found that I really do have weak ankles. For these reasons I could only give them 4 stars.