GoLite Footwear Storm Dragon

Best shoe ever made. Why they didn't keep making them…

Summary

Best shoe ever made. Why they didn't keep making them I don't understand.

Pros

• Super aggressive.
  • No product on the market has been as good since.

Cons

• They should have used Goretex fabric for upper.

My favorite shoe I've ever worn. I run a lot in the mountains. The mud doesn't stick or the snow, but it gives traction. Got all my best race times in the summer or winter running in these shoes. I stopped wearing them after 3 years of aggressive use.

I had so many people ask me about them and I'm so distraught that they don't make anything on the market that is comparable.

I brought a pair of these about 2 years ago to do…

Price Paid: £50

I brought a pair of these about 2 years ago to do some winter off road training.

Overall very good shoe with lots of adjustment options for the insole, all included in the box,  They also have their own set of mini gaitors, which are specifically designed to fit the shoe (slide in lugs along the sides of the shoe and a llop at the rear).

Pros:

Awesome trail shoe, good cushioning and traction, not much that it will not grip on, even wet, slippery rocks.

Good support all round, secure fit once laces tightened properly

Incredibly waterproof, especially with gaitors attached

Look amazing, get asked a lot which shoes they are, performance, etc.

One of the best, most comfy hiking shoes I have owned!

Cons:

In sticky, wet mud, they collect the mud in between the grips; adds A LOT of extra weight until cleared

Laces are a bit of a pain to get tightened correctly due to the rubber midfoot supports (good once sorted though)

Shoes are quite high so when running off camber, puts a lot of strain on your ankle joints/tendons (have turned my ankle on these quite a lot :()

If I run long distances, they make my midfoot uncomfortable due to the grip system and where it loads the feet (talking 15k+off road)

Not a bad shoe to wear while running in the snow.

Not a bad shoe to wear while running in the snow. The tread design works well in the soft fluffy stuff.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Footwear Storm Dragon, please share your experience.

GoLite Footwear Storm Dragon

The Storm Dragon has been discontinued.

The GoLite Footwear Storm Dragon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.