GoLite HydroDash

I run both road and trails and was looking for a light…

Size: 10oz
Number of Pockets: 2
Height of Owner: 5'11"

I run both road and trails and was looking for a light pack that could hold minimal gear and not bounce. Why was I in the market for one? My old pack's, a simple Fuel Belt design, water bottle was falling apart (after 3 years). It also had a small pouch so I thought I find a pack with a little more room.

The GoLite HydroDash just arrived and my shoes were aching to try out its new pal. I just got back from an 1h 15min evening run. I was racing the sunset on the way back so I was running a good pace getting back to the car.

The HydroDash is light, it has two pouches on each side, and carries a 21 oz. H2O bottle. I felt no bounce. The cords and padded belt held the pack secure and I hardly noticed it was there.

There was plenty of space for my minimal carrying gear - ID and car key. There is more room for more stuff, but it was enough for me.

My only complaint is with removing the water bottle from the pack. I can't believe their testers ran with this pack and did not notice this weakness. You can't remove the bottle with one hand. Your second hand has to grab the bottle's pouch. If only they had sewed a simple strap at the bottom, then it would have been easy.

That's what I'll be doing next. A simple mod.

It's a comfortable pack that delivers.

GoLite HydroDash

The HydroDash has been discontinued.

The GoLite HydroDash is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 14, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new lumbar/hip pack, check out the best reviewed current models.