GoLite HydroDash

I run both road and trails and was looking for a light…

Size: 10oz
Number of Pockets: 2
Height of Owner: 5'11"

I run both road and trails and was looking for a light pack that could hold minimal gear and not bounce. Why was I in the market for one? My old pack's, a simple Fuel Belt design, water bottle was falling apart (after 3 years). It also had a small pouch so I thought I find a pack with a little more room.

The GoLite HydroDash just arrived and my shoes were aching to try out its new pal. I just got back from an 1h 15min evening run. I was racing the sunset on the way back so I was running a good pace getting back to the car.

The HydroDash is light, it has two pouches on each side, and carries a 21 oz. H2O bottle. I felt no bounce. The cords and padded belt held the pack secure and I hardly noticed it was there.

There was plenty of space for my minimal carrying gear - ID and car key. There is more room for more stuff, but it was enough for me.

My only complaint is with removing the water bottle from the pack. I can't believe their testers ran with this pack and did not notice this weakness. You can't remove the bottle with one hand. Your second hand has to grab the bottle's pouch. If only they had sewed a simple strap at the bottom, then it would have been easy.

That's what I'll be doing next. A simple mod.

It's a comfortable pack that delivers.

GoLite new No Bounce(TM) bottle packs will rock your world, not your hips. Featuring the No Bounce(TM) load control system and ergonomic design that wraps the hips, the HydroDash is all you need for a quick hike or trail run. Offers a highly breathable quick-dry air mesh body, two hip pockets and includes one, 21 oz Specialized(R) water bottle.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

GoLite Women's Hydrodash Pack (Fall 2009) Specifications for the Hydrodash Pack by GoLite: Highly breathable quick-dry air mesh body 21 oz Specialized bottle No-Bounce load control system Stretch mesh hip pockets holds keys or gel Webbing hip belt Insulated bottle holster EVA foam guide Use: Run

- Moosejaw refers to the women's version

Whether jogging around the neighborhood or up a mountain, the GoLite Hydrodash hydration waistpack keeps hydration close at hand in a lightweight package. Polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon sheds percipitation; mesh waistbelt offers superior breathability and moisture management. NoBounce™ system eliminates unruly bottle wobble and annoying pack bounce. 2 small pockets accommodate a key, ID card, energy food or MP3 player—1 pocket features a headphone port. Includes a 21 fl. oz. low-density polyethylene bottle with sport top. Closeout.

- REI refers to the men's version

GoLite new No Bounce? bottle packs will rock your world, not your hips. Featuring the No Bounce? load control system and ergonomic design that wraps the hips, the HydroDash is all you need for a quick hike or trail run. Offers a highly breathable quick-dry air mesh body, two hip pockets and includes one, 21 oz Specialized? water bottle.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the men's version

The HydroDash No Bounce Bottle Pack by Golite is perfect for anyone who needs quick hydration without the pack or the bounce. Irritation on your hips can shut a good run down quickly, with the HydroDash, you get an ergonomic fit that wraps the hips and the No Bounce load control system keeping any chafing from occuring. The belt is highly breathable and quick drying with an air mesh body, plus a 21 oz bottle. Run and hike with freedom and comfort.

- RockCreek

GoLite HydroDash

The HydroDash has been discontinued.

The GoLite HydroDash is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 14, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new lumbar/hip pack, check out the best reviewed current models.