GoLite Lair 2 Shelter

This is a great shelter, when I went on my first fifty…

Design: A frame with the back end closed
Ease of Setup: Super
Weight: 1LBS

This is a great shelter, when I went on my first fifty miler with the Boy Scouts we carried army ponchos. That was my 1st and last camping trip with the Boy Scouts. Great company but they knew nothing about camping and hiking. Since then, and this was years ago, the equipments has gotten lighter and much better.

This is great shelter for moving light and will sleep two people and a dog. You don't need to carry poles, but bring a couple of nails to insert on a straight branch for your poles. This tent is great to use when the summer temperatures are in the 90's. I have different tents, Bibler, North Face and Kelty. Each tent is great for different environments.

I just received a GoLite Lair 2 tarp tent. The literature…

Design: tarp tent
Ease of Setup: difficult to tighten, requires 2 poles and tie out extensions
Weight: 1.5 # including stakes, but you need to add 2 poles

I just received a GoLite Lair 2 tarp tent. The literature says you can set up w/ 1 pole, you can adjust high or low, you can adjust from inside the tent.

1. Unless you want the tent fabric to flap in the wind and sag, two poles are needed!

2. Unless you add some extensions to the stake tie outs, they are way to short to pitch it high or low.

3. Unless you have really long arms, there is no way you will adjust the tension from inside the tent like the literature says.

I believe most of the review we read are from the retailer or manufacturer.

Extremely light tarp with some great features. Can…

Design: Two-person tarp
Ease of Setup: Extremely easy to pitch
Weight: 1 pound + 5oz stakes

Extremely light tarp with some great features. Can be pitched high or low. Foot-end is closed to reduce drafts and wet weather. My only complaint is the lack of a storm flap for the entrance. If you use the Lair Nest with this tarp, your entrance is basically exposed to the elements.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Lair 2 Shelter, please share your experience.

GoLite Lair 2 Shelter

The Lair 2 Shelter has been discontinued.

The GoLite Lair 2 Shelter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 17, 2009 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.