GoLite VO24

refers to the men's version

The VO24 is one of three fast-and-light packs in GoLite’s Adrenaline Series (not just light, fast and light). The Adrenaline packs (Rush, VO24, and Lite-Speed) are designed for performance during fast-and-light sports like adventure racing and ultra-marathons, but with broad functionality. All are 3-liter hydration-compatible.

The VO24 is designed for day hiking, weekend adventure racing, and peak bagging. It features an adjustable webbing hip belt, two bellowed mesh pockets with zipper closures, two drain holes in the pack bottom, load control straps, tow loop, whistle on the adjustable sternum strap, rear bungee cord web with cord lock and hook to secure and attach gear, large front mesh pocket, haul loop, mesh back panel for breathability, two angled side mesh pockets, and a large front mesh pocket.

men's
Use day hiking, weekend adventure racing, peak bagging
Women’s available in Small and Medium
- Capacity 1400 cu in
- Weight 1 lb 7 oz (650 g)
Men’s available in Medium and Large
- Capacity 1500 cu in
- Weight 1 lb 9 oz (7210 g)

The best thing I can say about this pack is it's one…

Size: Large
Height of Owner: 6'2"

The best thing I can say about this pack is it's one of the few daypacks out there that comes in different sizes. At 6'2", I have a fit problem with "one size" daypacks: The waist belt goes around my stomach instead of my waist. GoLite offers this model in a large size, which means the waist belt rests on my waist, where it is supposed to go.

Size-wise, I think it's perfect for a daypack. Not too big, not too small. There are many other things to like about this pack: the light weight, the reservoir pocket with dual tube holes, the bungee cord for attaching things to he outside of the pack, and the waist belt pockets. This pack really hugs the body, so I can run and scramble with it on and it doesn't bounce all over the place. This is nice. However, there is no airflow to the back, so it can get a bit hot on warm days.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.

This pack is very light and compressible. It was no…

Design: panel loading
Size: 1400 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 12 pounds
Height of Owner: 5 ft. 6 inches

This pack is very light and compressible. It was no problem scrunching it up in the bottom of my backpacking pack for shorter day hikes. It can hold a fair amount of gear as the front pocket expands and the elastic lashing can also hold a fair amount. My 70oz hydration bladder easily fits inside the sleeve. I also like the hip belt which is supportive, comfortable and has side pockets keeping things like a headlight handy. Highly recommended.

GoLite VO24

$90.00 (men's)

The GoLite VO24 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 11, 2012 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.