Granite Gear Air Zippsack

XXS XS SM MED
Weight 1 oz / 29 g 1.2 oz / 33 g 1.4 oz / 40 g 1.7 oz / 48 g
Dimensions 8 in x 5 in x 4 in / 20 cm x 13 cm x 10 cm 10 in x 6 in x 8 in / 24 cm x 15 cm x 13 cm 12 in x 8 in x 7 in / 30 cm x 18 cm x 15 cm 14 in x 8 in x 7 in / 36 cm x 20 cm x 18 cm
Capacity 280 cu in / 4.6 L 550 cu in / 9 L 730 cu in / 12 L 980 cu in / 16 L

My go-to packing system. Light, roomy, easy access.

Price Paid: Don't remember

Summary

My go-to packing system. Light, roomy, easy access.

Pros

• Rectangular design fits packs well
  • Easy access

Cons

• Could be seam sealed, but I get around that

These have replaced all my standard stuff sacks. Zippered top, rectangular shape, both are a real help in accessing what's inside (you know the rule — whatever you need in a backpack or stuff sack is always on the bottom, right?).

They are very lightweight and tough. I've been using them for about four years now, no tears or real wear. Zippers hold up well. Not  totally waterproof, but very water resistant. I line my clothing and food bags with a plastic turkey bag, for extra waterproofing. Never really had any problems with leakage or moisture other than hanging my food bag overnight in heavy rain.

They will swallow up a surprising amount of gear. Definitely recommended.

Thanks for the recommendation, telebruce!

1 month ago