Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet

Compact, sharp and powerful. Something anyone experienced…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Compact, sharp and powerful. Something anyone experienced with sharp tools or foresting should own.

Pros

• Easy to maintain and carry
  • Razor sharp and well balanced

Cons

• Everyone who has the small forest axe takes the mick out of you
  • Difficult to use with two hands
  • A little dangerous to use

I was given this as a present for Christmas. I have used it thoroughly all over the world since. It has taken down trees, albeit slowly, the thickness of my torso and It has gone through saplings in a single blow. It is beautifully easy to maintain and razor sharp.

After three years I can still shave with mine. It easily tucks into my belt and keeps itself out of the way. The slightly larger small forest axe has no significant difference in performance or speed. The only difference is I'm carrying 6 inches less wood.

The only significant disadvantage is that the shortness of the handle adds an element of danger when chopping. I found this to my detriment when the blade bounced and buried itself in my knee.

Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet

The Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 25, 2017 at L.L.Bean.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review