GSI Outdoors Fairshare Mug

Very stable, completely sealable, and holds a whole quart!

• lightweight
  • sealable
  • volume capacity
  • good design

• bulky

I bought this specifically with coffee/tea in mind, when I drink either it's always in large amounts and I didn't want to monkey around with smaller mugs and having to make second batches of anything.  A 32 ounce mug is the perfect solution.

Things I like in addition to its volume:  the handle is solid and will work for gloved hands, the lid seals tightly making this practical for rehydrating food in your pack while you're on the move, and my Trangia mini burner and pot stand fit inside perfectly.

Things I think could be better about it:  I wish they sold this in a double-walled version as well.  It retains heat about as well as a Nalgene bottle which can be sapped away very quickly in cold weather.  I found a great cozy for the Fairshare at 40below dot com that helps with this issue.

Oh, one thing, if you are using a drip coffee filter be aware that the top opening of this mug is very wide.  My old little drip filter wouldn't span it.  I upgraded to the GSI collapsible coffee filter which fits it perfectly and is wonderfully stable while brewing (important to me as I'd rather not get burned by falling filters and molten coffee grounds).

Overall, I love this mug.