GSI Outdoors Titanium Kung Foon

Good utensil set for the backcountry, whether you're…

Good utensil set for the backcountry, whether you're eating out of a freeze dried meal bag, or your pot. Bring the chopsticks just by themselves for an ultralight cookware solution.

• Light and durable chopsticks
  • Nice carrying case (if you don't mind the weight)
  • Don't get your fingers dirty!

• Spork by itself is kinda short
  • It may feel flimsy with harder consistency foods

Kung Foon is a great utensil for the backcountry meals. I only pack the chopsticks; the rosewood is really durable and cleans well.

My only complaint is if I'm eating something with a strong consistency (I eat ice cream out of the pint with this sometimes, don't judge me), the chopsticks bend a little and start creaking. But that's not a back country concern.

The price isn't so bad either, since you get two utensils for the price of one, and a really nice pencil case to carry other things.

I'd recommend this to anyone. There are cheaper and lighter sporks out there, but I feel like my S2S sporks all got blotchy and unclean after couple uses, and chopsticks don't scratch my anodized pot during stirring.

that's a pretty cool take on the old 'no-handle utensils' that were knocking around a bunch of years ago - where you put a stick into them to be your handle in-camp. how well does the spork stay on when you put the kit together?

These are very intriguing design-wise.

Ice cream, really? JK. I like the idea, thank for the review.

@jiynx, you can see in the picture, the chop sticks slide in through two holes, and you can push them in pretty hard to cam them in there. I've never had the spork fall off the chopsticks.

good to know! it's a pretty neat idea. ice cream is a pretty good stress test for something like this, too.