GSI Outdoors Ultralight Soloist Cook System

Very convenient, will provide for one or two people.

• Compact
  • Sturdy
  • Easy to clean

• Short spoon

I'm normally camping either alone or the girlfriend is hiking along. It's very easy to use and it compacts everything into a noteworthy size. I really enjoy how the bowl/spoon fit inside the pot. It makes it very easy to pack/travel.

I've used it 15+ times and never ran into an issue. It's easy to clean and very easy to use.

What I really enjoy is the handle flipping up to hold the pot in place. I posted a few pictures below that will show it better than I can explain it.

The only con, if that's what you'd call it, is that the spoon/spork is pretty short. I picked up another utensil and it still fits fine along with the original. The longer spoon makes it easier to stir.

All in all, this was a great pickup! I caught a deal at Gander in their sale rack. If you are looking for a single or smaller duo pot to cook, I'd definitely give the Soloist a try.

Love my Soloist. The spork that comes with it is junk. I snapped mine rather quickly. I then bought a LMF spork.... Killed that one too. After that I bought a MSR Folding Spork and it has been great. Fits inside the Soloist set as well. I was even able to get it in orange so it matches the set. Now that is what matters.... Having your spork match your cookset. ;)

Haha! You're awesome Rick. I picked up a brand-less spork from a garage sale and it's been great. I'll have to look into the MSR spork. I tents orange! How can I resist?!?

The main thing is that you color coordinate all the gear that you have. This should be the number one objective when initially purchasing one's kit. Even if it sits dormant in storage forever you can relax knowing you have the main objective covered when one purchases any gear item... It all matches. The bunnies, bears, and squirrels do hand out bonus points from what I have heard if ya look good on trail. :p

Have you owned or used a GSI Outdoors Ultralight Soloist Cook System? Share your experience »