GSI Halulite Microdualist Cookset

This cookset is perfect to take along on any camping/backpacking…

Summary

This cookset is perfect to take along on any camping/backpacking trip.

Pros

• Compact
  • Light
  • Stores all together
  • cCeans easily

Cons

• spork is a bit flimsy

Bought this for my son just prior to leaving on an overnight backpacking adventure -- he loved it! Worked perfectly for him to cook his meals. He liked how easy it was to clean before moving on to his hot cocoa after dinner.

Compact, light and convenient. Perfect Trekkers cookset.

Summary

Compact, light and convenient. Perfect Trekkers cookset.

Pros

• Packable
  • Light
  • Comfortably accommodates 2
  • Scratch resistant
  • Packed with features

Cons

• Flimsy and hard to clean sporks
  • Rubber handle can melt from liquid gas stoves (but not canister stoves)

I bought this a couple of years ago and fell in love with it! I'm able to pack my entire cooking setup without sacrificing more space in my pack! Everything nestles inside of itself nicely!

What I like: Packable, lightweight 2 insulated cups with lids (I can finally leave the mug at home), 2 eating bowls, All plastic is BPA free! Strainer on pot lid, Integrated rubber handle (leave pot gripper at home).

What I don't like: Flimsy and hard to clean spork. I replaced these with a Light My Fire utensil. Rubber handle can melt from larger stoves Wish I could store 2 canisters with my stove.

All in all, I'll be buying more product from GSI in the future. I have my eyes on the Minimalist!

5 stars for functionable, lightweight, ease of use,…

Summary

5 stars for functionable, lightweight, ease of use, durable, packable.

Pros

• Packs great
  • Many uses/ features
  • Easy to clean

Easy to use, easy to pack, fits more than you'd think in it (2 sporks, paper towels, MSR burner and lighter, tiniest IsoPropo tank, maybe room for more). I had a lot of trouble deciding between JetBoil and MSR MicroRocket and a cookware set- glad I chose the MSR/ GSI MicroDualist combo.

I just camped with 2 Jetboil fans/ users and they liked my setup better. Not knocking JetBoil — looks like a great stove and cookware as well.

Bowls work great, mug/bowls work great, even the sporks (2 included) work good. I packed a tougher looking spork for my last camping trip and never used it.

crjdirt

After a summer of use - not one complaint! Great product for 2-up camping.

Perfect size and very well made. Great alternative…

Summary

Perfect size and very well made. Great alternative to Ti cooksets.

Pros

• Size
  • Portability

Cons

• Telespoons are weak

Very easy to understand and use. I can fit my alcohol stove, fuel, teabags and salt/pepper in here, too. Seems to be very well made. I haven't used this in the field yet, but I have tested it out at home.

If you've owned or used a GSI Halulite Microdualist Cookset, please share your experience.