GSI Pinnacle Camper Cookset

Weight 3 lb 8 oz
Dimensions 9.10 in x 9.10 in x 5.80 in
Materials Non-Stick Coated, Hard Anodized Aluminum and Clear
Includes 3 L Pot, 2 L Pot, 2 Strainer Lids, 9 in Frypan, 4 14 fl oz insulated mugs, 4 14 fl oz bowls, 4 7.5 in plates, 4 Sip-It Tops, Folding Pot Gripper, Welded Sink.

Well thought out, durable, and flexible cookset. Features…

Summary

Well thought out, durable, and flexible cookset.

Pros

• Everything fits together for storage.
  • Lightweight yet very durable.

Cons

• Lids are not exactly heat proof.
  • Plates may be a bit too flimsy.

Features abound with this versatile cook set. I probably spent way too much time deciding on what to get for my boys and I to camp and hike with, but in the end, I couldn't be more pleased with my decision.

First and foremost, I was looking for a product that was virtually bombproof, yet lightweight and useful. The Pinnacle Camper fits the bill nicely. When we car camp, the whole set comes along, but for hiking trips, the set is very easily broken up, depending on our menu.

You have to admit that the insulated cup/bowl combination is pretty ingenious. A lid that snaps on tight to prevent spills, and the two pieces separate so the outer section can be used as a bowl. Alright, a small
bowl, but it still does the job. Even though my kids have tried (apparently, they make great flying discs), the plates still remain unbroken. However, I remain dubious as to their longevity, the polypropylene seems very flimsy, particularly when warm.

The folding handle is very nice. It snaps on and off of the pots and fry pan very easily. I highly recommend taking the handle off once on your stove. Even when full of water, or whatever, the handles make them very tippy.

My only real disappointment is with the lids. The lids work great on the pots, no problems at all. On one trip we made pizzas in the fry pan and the rim of the lid partially melted. Through some experimentation, if you center the pan perfectly on your stove and keep the flame down, no problems.

Overall a great set for the money. The non-stick coating has held up very well, and except for one of the lids melting a little, there have been zero problems to report. I suspect with moderate care, this portable cook set
will last for many years.