GSI Pinnacle Dualist Cookset

Weight 21.6 oz
Dimensions 5.90 in x 6.40 in x 5.90 in
Materials Non-Stick Coated, Hard Anodized Aluminum, Clear Po
Includes 1.8 L Pot, Strainer Lid, 2 20 fl oz insulated mugs, 2 20 fl oz bowls, 2 Sip-It tops, 2 Telescoping Foons, Stove Bag, Welded Sink

Compact, convenient, lightweight option for backpackers.

Price Paid: ~ $50 US

Summary

Compact, convenient, lightweight option for backpackers. A great product with a minor flaw...

Pros

• Convienient
  • Compact

Cons

• Handle melts if no cautious
  • Included sporks are useless.

My girlfriend and I purchased this product for a 6-day hike on the Northville-Placid Trail in NY (from Long Lake to Lake Placid....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!). Throughout the journey this little pot met and exceeded all our expectations.

The capacity of this pot is perfect for two hungry hikers. This pot's non-stick surface worked well and clean up was a breeze. As for cooking performance, as a hobby/serious chef I can say that I didn't notice any hot spots from any poor design by the manufacturer.

The sporks, on the other hand, are terrible. They are so terrible in fact, that I believe they should have been left out of the package all together, because somewhere someone will rely on these sporks and will end up eating with their fingers. The bowls were nice, and the included neoprene cover made handling my morning cup 'o' mud a painless experience. We didn't really use the sink cover, but the couple times we did it worked just as it should have.

Overall, I'd say this system is an excellent product, and well worth the $40-60 (US).

For the last several years, I have been using an old…

For the last several years, I have been using an old German Army mess kit as my cookset. It was cheap, and quite simply, it worked. It was however, oddly shaped, making it hard to pack and just wasn't an efficient use of space in my pack.

Enter the GSI Pinnacle Dualist!

Having a pot, strainer lid, two collapsible "foons" (i.e. spork), two bowls (with measuring marks inside), two insulated mugs (also with measuring marks inside), two sip-it lids, and room for a fuel canister and stove in ONE PACKAGE, is really nice.

Coming from using an old Army surplus mess kit, to a cookset like this one, really feels like such a luxury. You've essentially got a camp kitchen with potentially "bowls" for up to four people.

A lot of times I find myself hiking, backpacking, and camping solo...in this event, I could leave one bowl, mug, and foon at home, leaving ample space for some food, coffee/tea, or spices. In the event that my wife comes out with me, we could have a meal in one hand and a hot drink in the other.

The pot's finish is smooth and even, the non-stick lining is a nice touch, and the pot and all included "dishes" dry quickly in the sun.

The pot handle is nice and sturdy, the pinch-and-fold lock is secure. The handle keeps everything together when stowed, good and tight.

All in all a great kit, very well designed, and quality manufacture. Highly recommended.

Visit GSI's Pinnacle Dualist Cookset page.

The GSI Glacier Stainless Dualist is a stainless steel version of the award winning Dualist. It features a crushproof lid with integrated strainer and a convenient folding handle that locks into place for cooking and secures entire set for transport. Unique bowl + mug solution with low center of gravity and Sip-It lids virtually eliminates spills while the integrated insulating sleeve keeps your drinks hot. Ingenious, welded stuff sack holds set while traveling and doubles as a sink or wash basin in camp.

- CampSaver.com

The fully integrated, self-contained GSI Pinnacle Dualist Ultralight cookset gives 2 backpackers the lightweight essentials for backcountry dining.

GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Dualist CooksetThe GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Dualist Cookset is the best solution for all your campsite cooking needs. Its 1.8 liter stainless steel pot is strong, durable, and can withstand a considerable amount of heat. A crushproof lid integrated with a strainer, allows you to remove the water inside the pot, without losing the rice grains along with it. There are two mugs with insulated sleeves, which keep your drink hot throughout. The low center of gravity and sip-it design, eliminates spills, while you savor your beverage. Two bowls, two sip-it lids and two foons, complete this handy set. Buy the GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Dualist Cookset today!

- SunnySports

With everything you need for two people, the GSI Pinnacle Dualist Cookset makes it easy to prepare hot meals and drinks.

- EMS