Halfords Dugdale

This is a very early review. I don't make a habit…

Design: Dome with porch
Ease of Setup: 5-10 minutes
Weight: 13 Lbs
Price Paid: 31.56 pounds

This is a very early review. I don't make a habit of that. But yesterday I took the tent to the beach to seamseal it. I got caught in the rain for 4 hrs. Stuck in this new tent for that long one gets to check it out pretty well.

Set-up was a breeze, sleeping area is a simple dome 7'x6'x53" 2 cross poles and it is up. 1/3rd no see-um screen, with two large D style doors around 8" off the ground. Tub style floor covering 6" up the sides. All stitching looks very well done. And the screening is some of the finest I have seen.

The rainfly covers the dome staying 2-3 inches off the ground. Then extends 5.5' over one of the doors where there is another pole looping around to the ground. This creates a very large 7'x5.5' porch area. There are two vents in the rainfly over the dome that can stay open or shut depending on the weather. The porch area is very roomy indeed, it could easly sleep 2 more people. Cook in it. Or just sit in comfort. The front of the porch has a clear window, and on one side another large zippered door. The rain fly has tapes seams.

Now this was not a driving rain, but 4 hours of a heavy downpour gave me a good idea of how this tent will handle. That part is 5 stars. On to the cons.

The poles to the inner tent are flimsy and I will replace soon. Not a big thing cuz of the cost of the tent, and I do this a lot. The rainfly meets the sides of the inner tent. The stake loops I will extent around 6' out. Keeping it from touching. I will also add 2 more guide lines extending out from the vent flaps on the rainfly keeping them more secure in case of driving winds and rain.

Overall the Dugdale is a very nice and roomy tent for 2. Big enough for 5. Well thought out, and well made. Sitting in it for 4 hours was easy and comfortable.

If you've owned or used a Halfords Dugdale, please share your experience.

Halfords Dugdale

No price on record.

The Halfords Dugdale is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.