HammockGear Burrow 0

The Burrow 0° F top quilt works for hammock and ground…

Price Paid: $279 USD

Summary

The Burrow 0° F top quilt works for hammock and ground dwellers, with snaps at the foot box it can easily become a blanket.

Pros

• Lightweight (670 g in the stuff sack)
  • Soft, Argon 67° material
  • Warm, rated for 0° F
  • Compact, 850 fp down compresses well
  • Price, reasonable for the quality

Cons

• Haven't found any yet

20170306_165221-1-.jpg
The Burrow comes in a variety of ratings from 0 F to 50 F with over stuff available depending on your needs and the season. All of Hammock Gear quilts are custom made, if you have any questions they are quick to respond. They offer a wide variety of colors and fabrics to choose from as well as two foot box options, sewn and snaps, with the snaps it easily coverts the quilt to a blanket.

I chose to get the snaps to add versatility to my purchase as well as the Argon 67 fabric to save weight. Since I live in Canada I chose the 0° F model with my sole intention being to use it for hammock camping in the winter. I tried it out on my balcony, 25° F temperature, I was very warm and very comfortable.

The price and quality are amazing and the quilt was made and shipped to me in just over a week. It spent almost as much time in customs.

Thanks for the review, Ross. I have an HG Incubator I'm testing right now, and I love it. Let us know how this does out on the trail.

Thanks for the initial info, Ross. I hope you'll keep us posted on how this works out for your hammock camping.

pillowthread

Check Canadian Customs Instagram page...two bits says there's a pic of someone testing your quilt. I mean, it might just be the only way I could make sure something wasn't fishy with it...