Herman Waterproof Workboots

I am supposing you others that had a bad time with…

Break-in Period: Started jogging in them first day.

I am supposing you others that had a bad time with your Herman Survivors didn't take care of them. Before even going outside I plastered mine with the Survivors boot conditioner letting the conditioner first absorb into the leather overnight.

I have put so many miles on my boots that little wonder like anything else they wore out! As far as comfort I could march to China and when I am there sing and dance in 'em.

As far as waterproof. I worked in the snow. Played in the snow. Splashed in the puddles just to laugh at 'em because I knew nothing was getting through my Hermans.

In time they will stretch, tha'ts leather. My experience says go for it but don't expect them to last without cleaning and conditioning them with its soul mate Herman Survivors conditioner and that's half the fun cleaning your boots.

I had The Commander boots and feel like a commander when I wear them. Supple, yet offering excellent support and protection. Seriously, you can work and dance in them.

I bought a pair of the Marsh low "waterproof" chukkas…

Materials: waterproof leather
Use: dayhikes

I bought a pair of the Marsh low "waterproof" chukkas about a year and a half ago from Walmart since I already own a pair of the original Herman Survivors that are awesome. I thought the new ones from Walmart would be just as good. Was I mistaken.

They started leaking the other day and they are less than two years old. I took them back to Walmart, without a receipt. I explained this to customer service and they said they could do nothing since it was past 90 days.

Hmmm...let's think about this...Walmart bought the brand Herman Survivor...boots supposed to be waterPROOF!!!! Walmart owes me a refund or a new pair. I'm pissed and WILL get satisfaction from those bastards.

My husband purchased these boots in February 2003…

Materials: leather
Use: working outside
Break-in Period: week
Weight: 3 lbs

My husband purchased these boots in February 2003 and they are falling apart already. The soles are cracked and ready to fall off. Also the leather is cracking on the sides. They never were waterpoof. He is very unhappy with these shoes and they were expensive. The store will not take them back and he feels he wasted all that money. We would like our money back or a better quality boots. I could not find an address on the box so I hope to hear from the company.

I have had them for about a month, and I don't know…

I have had them for about a month, and I don't know where the waterproof comes from, because that they are not. The shoe string eyes keep on cutting the shoe strings.

the boots fell apart within two weeks. i paid $45…

Materials: leather

the boots fell apart within two weeks. i paid $45 for the boots and they're trash. on both boots the soles cracked all the way in half.

More junk from Wal-mart!!!

Break-in Period: 1 mos.
Weight: =/> 5# of trash

More junk from Wal-mart!!!

If you've owned or used a Herman Waterproof Workboots, please share your experience.

Herman Waterproof Workboots

The Waterproof Workboots has been discontinued.

The Herman Waterproof Workboots is not available from the stores we monitor.