Hillary Hex Dome with 2 Lockers

A durable and great roomy tent for us bigger people.

Summary

A durable and great roomy tent for us bigger people. I'm 6'4" and can almost stand up in it.

Pros

• Durability
  • Spacious
  • Nice ventillation

Cons

• A little bulky, doesn't fit in the kayak too well.

I bought this tent on clearance at Sears for just under $40. LOVE IT!!! I've been using it several times a year for about 10 years. As I am a bigger guy, this tent has plenty of room, surprisingly it looks small from the outside.

Put some scotch guard on it, and you are good to go. This tent even made it through a tropical storm, while several other tents did not.

Just make sure to air it out. I accidentally forgot to one time, and the connectors on the poles rusted, and the zippers. Some liquid wrench fixed the zippers right up.

tent1.jpg

tent3.jpg

Welcome to Trailspace, Victor. It's great to hear about your success with this tent. Do you have any pics you could add to your review?

Victor Pluznyk

That's the only ones that I could find.

Thanks, Victor!

Thanks for adding the pics!

cheap price (on sale for $89, normally >$160).

Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: 5/10
Weight: >15lbs

cheap price (on sale for $89, normally >$160). Spacious, large, nice features.

Two poles snapped on first setup (followed instructions carefully). Returning this tent immediately and will buy another brand. Would NOT recommend buying this tent.

Both locker poles snapped after only a few uses. We…

Design: Hexdome with two storage lockers
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: about 12 lbs

Both locker poles snapped after only a few uses. We ordered new poles and one snapped the first time we set it up. It also leaks even after we sealed the seems! I wouldn't recommend this tent, even though it was roomy and had good ventilation.

Hillary Hex Dome with 2 Lockers

The Hillary Hex Dome with 2 Lockers is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tent/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax