Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider

Bombproof, rugged, good-looking, and carries weight…

Summary

Bombproof, rugged, good-looking, and carries weight like a champ.

Pros

Cons

• Small pockets
  • Hard to access pockets

I'm a chick, I have a short torso, and I tend to complain a lot about my gear. But not much to complain about with this pack.

This pack is well designed and engineered. It carries like a dream and makes micro adjustments on the fly easy breezy. The design is simple, which i like. I hated all the bells, whistles, and generally over design of my old Osprey pack.

The 2400 has plenty of room for a three-day trip even if I'm carrying my small bear canister. If you didn't have to carry a bear canister and your gear is ultralight then you could easily squeeze a week out of this pack.

I've compared this pack against a ULA Ohm 2.0 and it blows it out of the water. The only place the OHM wins is with its pockets.  The pockets on the Windrider are small (can't fit my iPhone 6plus) and the zippers are stiff on the corners making it challenging to access. Not a deal breaker though.

I also appreciate that this pack is made in the USA. Overall I love this pack and I'll have it forever.

Welcome to Trailspace, Lacey.