User Review: Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider 1
Price Paid: $255
I ordered my Windrider backpack from the A/T after my pack failed. Hyperlite Mountain Gear delivered my pack within one day. The pack exceeded all of my expectations over the 1200 miles I logged on the trail.
It is well made, comfortable, waterproof and easy to load. And it's USA made! The white Cuben Fiber allows light to pass through to see inside the pack. The internal stays give the pack the necessary support to carry loads above 30lbs. At a weight of 25.5 oz, the pack allowed me to drop my base weight by 2lbs.
Some of my favorite Winderider features while on the trail were:
- Water resistant hip pockets great for iPhone and snacks.
- Three outer mesh pockets for clothes, food and my 2 liter water bladder.
- I like that I could reach around to the back mesh pocket and feel how much water I have rather than take the pack off.
- The pack is the same width as my body, so it did not get caught on rocks and trees.
- The Velcro roll-top closure that kept everything in place.
- The anti-microbial belts that did not smell and still does not.
I continue to use the Windrider as a NYS Guide hiking in the Adirondacks this fall and plan to use it throughout the winter.
I highly recommend this pack for thru hikes, weekend hikes or just around town.
The Windrider after 3 months of constant use continues to impress and surprise. Hyperlite Mountain Gear got this right.
Where to Buy
The Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider 1 is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
US | Canada | UK | Aus
Or you may want to check for a dealer list or direct sales on the Hyperlite Mountain Gear web site.
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.