Ibex Full Zip Hooded Shak

Heaven on Earth. About a month ago, I bought an Ibex…

Price Paid: $160 US

Heaven on Earth.

About a month ago, I bought an Ibex Woolies Zip longsleeve (review soon) and promptly wore it for 8 days straight to work logging in freezing temps, just hanging it by the fire at night... No smell, I loved it.

My client gave me a rather large gratuity that she insisted I spend solely upon myself. I went to the Ibex website and chose another Woolies zip and this Shak FZ hoodie (and I bought a new camera ((Canon SX210IS)))... I finally received my order yesterday when my Grandma came up to Canada from Seattle for Christmas (free shipping, no duties).

I don't think I could have made a better choice. I chose the large size, in the "bluish"... It fits me (6ft, 185lb) like a glove. The hood is nice and tight, and battened down, I look like a long track speed skater in Merino.

The chest pocket fits my cell, or radio (see previous reviews). There are no other pockets, unlike what I read on another site's description of a kangaroo pocket (I didn't believe it). There is ample room in the large for someone slightly bigger than I. 6ft 2, 200, I am guessing. I look forward to living in this for all time, and will start a piggy bank to save for my next bit of Ibex kit.

My only issue, or wish, would be for the seam on the sleeve bottoms, with the thumb holes, to have swerved through the thumb hole, instead of where it is, on the flat of my palm. I wore this last night driving to swimming, and the seam irritated me a bit on the steering wheel. I could imagine it potentially being a pain when using poles. A minor quibble and not even close to a deal breaker.

If you ever want to treat yourself or someone you love, I suggest buying one of these.

Visit Ibex's Full Zip Hooded Shak page.

The MenAAAs Shak Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt sits at the top of the Ibex mountain. 21-micron dense knit New Zealand Merino wool is all but indestructible and it doesnAAAt get any better than a Shak with a hood. Thumbholes on your sleeves allow you to slip your hands back into warm protection from the elements when the time comes. Flatlock seams wonAAAt cause you any irritation in your outdoor pursuits and rest assured that you wonAAAt lose your keys when theyAAAre tucked into the zippered chest pocket.

Ibex Full Zip Hooded Shak

The Ibex Full Zip Hooded Shak is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 24, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new long sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.