Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip

Very nice. Wearing it now, w/ my Shak in the drawer....

Price Paid: $94.93 US

Very nice. Wearing it now, w/ my Shak in the drawer.... Size Lg... Am 6ft, 200lbs, Compared to my Shak Zip Hoody, it fits a bit smaller in length, an extra 2" in length would've been exceptional, but I always want more fabric... Sleeve length is just fine.

The double fabric is a tight pilled face on the outside sewn onto a super soft inner fabric. A faux fleece, but I think the fleece is a faux Bouncle', Truly.... I can envision myself doing a day+ of skiing, or a multi-day hike, with this Scout over my Shak and Woolies top, with my Zepher and Taku Shell in my pack as reserve.

I have the Black Navy Heather, and it is much darker than in the pic. Think US Navy dress uni... The sun does light up the blue hints, though... At a third off, but with shipping and a duty payout I should dispute, being US made, all putting my total savings at $10 off msrp, I still consider my Scout an an amazing deal on a work of art.

I think Merino wool is one of the factors that may, just may, lead to the salvation of mankind.

Lose your Oily Fleece and Buy a Scout!

One of the best sweaters you could ever own. Machine…

Fabric: Wool
Fill: N/A

One of the best sweaters you could ever own. Machine washable, great design with tailored athletic fit, and extremely comfortable. This is my absolute favorite sweater.

Perfect mid-weight, and does not itch. Very dense weave, so it is pretty wind resistant. Chest pocket is perfect for wallet or glasses in town, or a power bar or light glove on a ski tour. I have not seen a better touring, all-around sweater on the market.

Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip

The Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 1, 2014 at Tahoe Mountain Sports.

If you're looking for a new long sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?