Icebreaker Bodyfit 150 Long Sleeve Crewe

Perfect thin but effective layering top. I read many…

Summary

Perfect thin but effective layering top.

Pros

• Merino wool is the best material

Cons

• Thin enough that it must be layered for extreme cold

I read many reviews of Icebreaker's BodyFit line suggesting that it would be very snug and form-fitting. This has not been my experience. I have slim and long arms and torso (35.5 inches around the chest), and hoped to be able to wear this top comfortably underneath cotton t-shirts or my various vintage wool cycling jerseys. The size medium top fits me loosely enough that it has to be a mid-layer if I'm wearing a form-fitting short-sleeved top as well, but that hasn't detracted from its functionality and comfort.

Like all my wool clothing, I can wear it for many days of intense sweating without having to wash or change it. I'm sure some people's bodies put out noxious odors no matter what they wear, but so far I've been wearing this top about a dozen times without washing it and without any noticeable odor.

It's great when the nights get cool, either against the skin on its own, under a sweater or hoodie, or over a short-sleeved shirt. The 150-level is definitely not designed to be a thick, super warm top for cold weather, but that makes it perfect for climates and trips where the temperature changes drastically throughout the day.

I wore it last week on a bike tour in the mountains of Colorado and it felt great day and night, and no matter how hard I rode in it during the day, it was dry and cozy by the time I set up camp and slipped into my sleeping bag with the IceBreaker BodyFit 150 Crew top as my only upper layer.

Well worth the money. I always hang dry mine. It will…

Summary

Well worth the money.

Pros

• Great stuff

Cons

• Price

I always hang dry mine. It will keep you reasonably warm when it's wet or dry and I love to switch into it when I soaked a different undershirt on the hike up. Fits really nice, breathable, and very good construction.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Bodyfit 150 Long Sleeve Crewe versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Bodyfit 150 Long Sleeve Crewe. Read all reviews »

Icebreaker Men's Bodyfit 150 Long Sleeve Crewe

The Icebreaker Men's Bodyfit 150 Long Sleeve Crewe is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 13, 2014 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new base layer top, check out the best reviewed current models.