Icebreaker EXP 320 Raven Zip Thru - Women's

I bought this as an insulation layer for an upcoming…

Fabric: merino
Price Paid: $99 (got a great deal!)

I bought this as an insulation layer for an upcoming camping trip to western Tibet... I was concerned at first because it feels very light for wool. In fact, it felt much softer than a comparable weight merino piece I have from Ibex. This is good, as it has a soft texture I would associate with straight-up high-end casual wear. But insulation? As I have been wearing it in chilly (though by no means Tibet-cold) conditions, I find this merino consistently maintains a comfortable body temperature as it heats up and cools off. I have frequently put it on during a morning chill and then found myself still wearing it in late afternoon. The look is so stylish my friends tell me I look like some sort of British dj in it... An outstanding piece of clothing: great to look at, great to be in and fine technical performance.