K2 Shortbed

I have had this pack for about 5-6 years and use it…

Design: Top loading
Size: 4900 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 70 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'1"

I have had this pack for about 5-6 years and use it as my only hiking pack. I have the model with the curved bar at the bottom, which lets you stand the pack up on the ground and not have to lean it agaist a tree. I have never been a big fan of internal frames, and this pack convinced me I was right. This is the most comfortable pack I have ever put on. I have used over 10 packs in the past and I always come back to my Shortbed. I have had 70 lbs in this joker and it felt like 35. The way the frame and suspension are set up make carrying it a breeze.

This pack is the most comfortable I have ever worn.

Design: External
Size: 4900
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: ??
Height of Owner: 5'10.5"

This pack is the most comfortable I have ever worn. I prefer external packs to internals because I don't like to walk long distances hunched over like an ape, and the K2 is much more comfortable and better for my back (due to the fibreglass shafts and killer suspension) than the typical frame pack. K2 and Dana really went all out with this one, and I would recommend it to anyone.

If you've owned or used a K2 Shortbed, please share your experience.

K2 Shortbed

The Shortbed has been discontinued.

The K2 Shortbed is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new external frame backpack, check out the best reviewed current models.