Kahtoola KTS - Aluminum

I purchased these when they first hit the market some…

I purchased these when they first hit the market some years back and have not been disappointed with them.

I've used them winter and spring hiking here in AK and have not had one issue with them at all as far as workmanship goes. The spikes have worn down slightly but, that is to be expected since I have used the crampons hard in mixed terrain in snow, rock, mud, dirt, etc. I've put as many as 5 miles a day on these crampons.

The fit is great and they work on a wide variety of boots and shoes from my Keen trail shoes all the way to my Lowa Hunter GTX and Koflach's.

I have a brand new set of the steel version of this which is heavier (only slightly, maybe a few ounces) but I haven't used them yet. I'll use them when the aluminum version wears out completely.

The BEST thing about these crampons is the stainless leafspring bar. They flex with every step, making them comfortable and better than crampons which flex on a hinge, I have seen those other on the hinge break after hard use.

I haven't tried the crampons on my snowboard or XC ski boots but I doubt you would have any issues using them with those boots.

These crampons work well with 40 Below overboots.

Now you can relax and enjoy the hike... The KTS Aluminum is the best choice for snow and ice travel when weight is most important. These durable crampons weigh in at a mere 19 oz. per pair, so they won't slow you down on snow and ice. They pack down to 3.5" x 3.5" x 8". Lifetime guarantee for the LeafSpring(R) extender bar.

- Mountains Plus

Gain traction and save pack weight with our KTS Aluminum Crampons. With 7075 Aircraft Aluminum, their durability will give you added traction across a wide variety of icy and snowy terrain yet keep your pack (and feet) light as they weigh a mere 19 ounces per pair. These aluminum crampons won't be pack hogs, either - they fold down to a compact 3.5 x 3.5 x 8 inches, meaning you have plenty of room for freeze dried meals,camera gear and all the other things that make your days outside worthwhile.

- Ramsey Outdoor

On Sale. Free Shipping. Kahtoola KTS Aluminum Crampons SPECIFICATIONS of the KTS Aluminum Crampons by Kahtoola Material: 7075 Aircraft Aluminum Weight: 40 grams / 18.9 oz per pair ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

Gain traction and save pack weight with the Kahtoola KTS Aluminum Crampons. With 7075 Aircraft Aluminum, their durability will give you added traction across a wide variety of icy and snowy terrain yet keep your pack (and feet) light as they weigh a mere 19 ounces per pair. These aluminum crampons won't be pack hogs, either - they fold down to a compact 3.5 x 3.5 x 8 inches, meaning you have plenty of room for freeze dried meals,camera gear and all the other things that make your days outside worthwhile.

- CampSaver.com

Head out onto a snow-covered trail for that winter trail race training, or hit the ski slopes with a little backup traction in your backpack with the KTS Aluminum Crampons from Kahtoola that conveniently pack down to 3.5 x 3.5 x 8 inches for easy carrying. Strap them to your trail runners or your boarding boots for super traction when you're hiking through the backcountry.

- Mountain Gear