Kayland Trotter Low

I really wanted this shoe but I was unable to find…

I really wanted this shoe but I was unable to find a source to buy it from. I couldn't even find out how much it costs. I finally settled for a pair of Cliffs by Puma. Oh well, as soon as I find something I like they go and change everything.

I can rate these shoes on comfort, grip, and sleekness…

Materials: leather
Use: short but challenging dayhikes
Break-in Period: instantly broken-in
Weight: 170 pounds
Price Paid: approx. $85 Cdn.

I can rate these shoes on comfort, grip, and sleekness of design. They are very comfortable, I didn't buy them to fit like a climbing shoe like a friend of mine who did and wound up blowing out the toe!! They are very grippy on most terrain but of course are great on rock. They have a nice sharp edge and narrow design for great placements in tight places and skinny ridges. I've had these shoes for three years and can attest to their strength though, I love them too much to thrash on consistently! I'm not sure that Kayland even makes this model anymore.

Kayland Trotter Low

The Trotter Low has been discontinued.

The Kayland Trotter Low is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new approach shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.

Backpacker's Pantry Charros Beans & Rice Review