Mom always said that the word "but" negates everything…

Mom always said that the word "but" negates everything you say afterwards. The Taos is a great shoe ... but.

I do everything in these shoes ... I hike, I run, I scamper, I work out, I sail, I urban explore ... everything. I am a big fellow - and the heel bed compressed down much quicker than I had hoped for - and the heel wore down quicker (6 months) on the outside corners quicker than I had hoped for. But I'm a big guy ... wear them all the time ... so maybe it should be expected.

So with that said I bought another pair. I like the shoe that much that I'm willing to buy a new pair every 6 months.

Sizing - order up a half size.
Width - true
Durability (other than the compression of the heel section) is great.

Stinkage factor - I don't wear socks .. so the factor is high ... however I throw them in the wash twice a week - or more often as necessary and that handles it nicely. I dry them in the sun.

Break in - if you are blisterer ... then you might blister. If not, the break-in should be fairly rapid. I got some blisters - but as soon as they heeled over I was good to go.

I hiked 29 miles through Glacier Nat'l Park, over…

Materials: leather
Use: multi-day hikes, avoid steep descents
Break-in Period: none
Weight: under 2 lbs.

I hiked 29 miles through Glacier Nat'l Park, over a pass, wet and dry conditions, 20+ pound pack. Loved them, didn't break out my boots once. I wear them five days a week at work and around town.