Keen Targhee Mid

Very comfortable easy to wear, last for a long time.

Price Paid: $129 on sale

Summary

Very comfortable easy to wear, last for a long time.

Pros

• Tuff
  • Long lasting

Cons

• Laces are a bit weak

Great all around boot. Have used them for some time. I use them for camping and fishing too. Would definitely buy more of them.

So far after moderate amount of wear an excellent…

Price Paid: 250 australian

So far after moderate amount of wear an excellent boot with a major fault:

The nylon material loop eyelets are all fraying and 2 are broken on one boot through making the boots unwearable.

Until this problem is rectified I would NOT RECOMMEND these boots to anyone.

I am in the process of trying to get these boots replaced but have heard a whisper that KEEN will claim that I have been tightening the boots too tightly. If so this is bizarre..next thing you know we will need a tensionometer to tighten our laces to the "correct degree".

I have read of other people having this problem ... what about the readers on this forum?

I suggest you go and check for fraying on your KEEN eyelets.

These boots rock! I went to REI right before they…

Materials: Leather
Use: Hiking!
Break-in Period: Immediately!
Weight: 160lbs

These boots rock! I went to REI right before they closed to pick up shoes for a 10-mile hike the next day. I knew my feet were going to hurt no matter what. Having to break them in on a 10-mile hike would have probably killed me, but I had no other choice. When I tried them on in the store, they felt really great. But I didn't know what would happen after a few miles on the hike.

The next day, I put them on and started the hike. To my surprise, they continued to fit great. In fact, my feet NEVER did hurt. It's almost as though I didn't have to break them in. I tread through water and got them totally soaked inside and out. I expected to get blistered but to my surprise again, no blisters!

I'm really impressed by these shoes and Keen's are my new favorites. I would totally recommend these. No problems breaking in at all! Do note that you want shoes to fit snug. It's when you wear the wrong sizes that "break-in" takes longer and is more painful.

These shoes ROCK!

I love these boots. They are comfortable, well-designed…

Materials: leather and nylon type fabric
Use: Appal Trail maintenance hikes, repairing the AT
Break-in Period: hardly any
Weight: pretty light compared to my Frankenstein One-Sport boots

I love these boots. They are comfortable, well-designed and well-constructed. But I don't love the difficulty I have had with Keen at finding the right size boot. I have a pair of 10-1/2 Mids. They aren't too small, but I really don't have much wiggle room for my right big toe. Ironically, my left foot is absolutely perfect in size. I had tried a pair of size 11 earlier at REI, and they felt like clunky clown shoes. I would probably be happy with a 10.5 left and an 11 right. I have a pair of Keen low-cut Austins, size 10, and they are perfect.

Warning - when you try these Targhee Mids on, wear extra socks and bring any orthotics or arch supports you might wear. At the store, try any sloping declines you can find to make sure your toes don't touch the front of the shoe.

But these are great boots! And if I can find a cheaper pair of 11 models, I'll buy a pair.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Targhee Mid versions

In addition to the 4 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Targhee Mid. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Keen Men's Targhee Mid, please share your experience.